There is something about the orange flavor that adds a fruity and sweet taste to food. Here are my personal 3 favorite food ideas with Orange additions!
Dreamy Orange Creamsicle Ice Pop
- 59 mL Monin Orange Tangerine Syrup
- 475 g vanilla ice cream (softened)
- 6 Popsicle molds
- Combine ingredients in a tall container or pitcher and mix well.
- Fill popsicle molds to fill line
- Place in a container or cover and place in freezer on level surface.
- Allow to freeze until solid and enjoy!
Pan Seared Salmon with Blood Orange Gastrique
- 226 g salmon fillet
- 2.5 mL salt
- 5 mL ground black pepper
- 59 mL corn or peanut oil, for searing
- 422 g sugar
- 177 mL aged sherry vinegar
- 59 mL water
- 236 mL Monin Blood Orange Syrup
Pan Seared Salmon
- Preheat a cast iron pan or heavy bottomed skillet over medium high heat.
- Generously season the salmon with salt and pepper, patting to ensure the seasoning adheres.
- Add the oil to the preheated skillet and immediately place the salmon skin side down in the pan.
- Sear salmon until it is just cooked through, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove from pan and drain on paper towel.
- Serve drizzled or brushed with Blood Orange Gastrique.
Blood Orange Gastrique
- Combine the sugar, sherry vinegar and water in heavy medium saucepan.
- Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 5 minutes to reduce.
- Remove pan from burner and cool at room temperature (approximately 90 minutes).
- Slowly whisk in Monin Blood Orange Syrup until desired consistency is reached.
- Use immediately or store in refrigerator.
- Allow glaze to return to room temperature before using.
- Drizzle or brush over grilled salmon, pork, or chicken.
YIELD: Approximately 3 cups
Blood Orange Za'Atar Labneh
- 1 liter Greek Yogurt
- 60 mL Blood Orange Fruit Purée
- 30 mL Za'atar Seasoning
- 10 mL Kosher Salt
- In a bowl, whisk together all the ingredients until combined.
- Line a mesh sieve with a cheese cloth and place the yogurt mixture into the cloth wrapping it tightly.
- Suspend the sieve over a bowl to allow the liquid to drain out.
- Place into the refrigerator to chill for 1 day until the mixture has thickened and develops a thick cheese-like consistency.
- Remove the Labneh from the cloth.
- Keep refrigerated until service.