Sometimes all you need to do is take a little step and try something new. However if chocolates involved you can be sure it will taste delicious! Try out these amazing and beautiful, yet simple dessert recipes today.
Chocolate Peppermint Mousse
- 226 g (8 ounces) 85% cacao dark chocolate, chopped
- 16 g (2 Tbsp.) powdered sugar
- 3 large egg yolks
- 59 ml (1/4 cup) Zero Calorie Natural Peppermint
- 500 ml (2 cups) prepared fat-free whipped topping
- Over a double boiler, melt the chocolate.
- Add the sugar, egg yolks, and peppermint flavor and whisk together until thoroughly blended.
- Heat until the mixture thickens slightly, about 2 minutes, then remove from the heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Once cooled gently fold the whipped topping into the chocolate, in batches, until fully incorporated. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Plate and serve as desired. Optionally garnish with additional whipped topping or chocolate shavings.
Chocolate Peppermint No-Bake Cheesecake
- 2 Tbsp. warm water
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 3 (8-ounce) packages 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup Monin Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Sauce
- 1/2 cup Zero Calorie Natural Peppermint
- 1 (9-inch) premade pie crust
- In a small bowl, combine the water and gelatin and allow the gelatin to bloom for 5 minutes.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together the cream cheese, yogurt, dark chocolate sauce and peppermint flavor until combined and smooth.
- Once combined, place the gelatin mixture in a microwave for 30-45 seconds until melted then add to the cream cheese mixture and whisk thoroughly until well mixed, smooth and airy.
- Pour the filling into a prepared cheesecake crust and smooth out the top.
- Place in the refrigerator for 6 hours or overnight to set. Once set serve as desired.
Chocolate Peppermint Panna Cotta
- 15mL water
- 9g unflavored gelatin
- 295mL almond milk
- 158mL Monin Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Sauce
- 59mL Zero Calorie Natural Peppermint
- 136g low-fat Greek Yogurt
- Place the water in a small bowl and sprinkle the gelatin over the surface. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, warm the almond milk until it starts to simmer.
- Remove from the heat and add the softened gelatin. Whisk until dissolved.
- Strain the mixture through a sieve then add the chocolate sauce, peppermint flavor and yogurt and whisk until smooth.
- Divide the mixture into individual serving dishes and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or until the gelatin has fully set.
- Serve as desired.
Share your comments and ideas about these recipes below!
Sign up HERE for our weekly newsletter!